I love DIYs. I also love slumber parties!! So here are some fun crafts to make before or during a slumber party with and for your very own AG doll!!! 😀
- Of course, you’ll be needing a bag to hold everything. Or a luggage case!
- And a sleeping bag. I rolled Nicki’s up and secured it with two hair ties!
- Here’s a bedding tutorial, in case sleeping bags aren’t your thing. It also comes with a pillow and pillow case tutorial, so you can use that for your sleeping bag too 🙂
- Every doll needs their beauty sleep! Grab this tutorial to make a sleeping mask.
- Don’t forget your doll’s plushy!!!
- Tooth brush and toothpaste are a must. If your doll has a retainer, make sure to pack it!
- Pajamas and clothes for the morning. Duh.
- A camera to capture all of the fun times!
- Your doll’s laptop or phone/mp3 player/tablet to watch funny videos and listen to music!
- A hairbrush and hairties, not DIY, of course.
- Some midnight snacks, including: popcorn, candy, and goldfish crackers.
- Your doll’s favourite movies!
- Makeup, if you want it!
- A good attitude 🙂
Have fun at your very own dolly sleepover!! 😀
Here are my clothes I made from baby outfits, modelled by Nicki!
The first one was a long sleeved button up onesie. I used the back part, and the sleeves, to make a shirt and booties. Idk why.
The second one was a long sleeved onesie as well, and I just cut off the bottom, lazily leaving the bottom unhemmed. It’s a nightgown, so it really doesn’t matter haha.
The third one was a button up long sleeved onesie (again) and it is now a sweater! This one took a while, because I hemmed the bottom, and took it in twice on the back.
And last but not least, my favourite: a sweatshirt made from a grey long sleeved onesie. I took in the back, and cut the bottom part off. I hemmed it, and rolled up the sleeves for a cute and stylish look! The headband is from the band of some pink pants. I had to take it in a little bit, but it still looks nice! 🙂
Which is your favourite? Have you ever done this?
Hey all! So, I may or may not spend most of my day on Pinterest. And from this time I may or may not spend looking for American Girl Doll things, I have found plenty of tips, tricks, and fun ideas, specifically for accessories! But, this DIY list has a twist: they’re all made from baby items!!
- Swaddles for babies work as sleeping bags! You can adjust them as you wish, but I just add a pillow, and put my doll inside! You can even flip it so the Velcro and such is on the bottom, and it’ll work super well. You can find these at resale shops for cheap!
- Preemie sized sleepers work pretty awesomely as footie PJs! Look for some at a resale shop, since they’ll be shrunk a tiny bit, and will also be cheaper if you don’t already own any!
- If you fold those thin blankets, or cut them, you can make perfectly sized AG doll blankets, towels, and sheets! If you roll them up/fold them just right, they can be pillows too! I recommend getting them in packs at Walmart, since they are extremely cheap, and you’ll have a matching set to make bedding out of!
- You can transform baby clothes using a sewing machine! Here is a DIY for tiny and preemie clothes turned into cardigans and sweatshirts, and one for nightgowns, and another for pants, socks, hats, and scarves!
- Headbands and bows for babies work great for 18 inch dolls! For the headbands that are to big, you can cut and sew them to size. They make special tiny bows for newborns as well, and those fit dolls perfectly!
- Super tiny baby stuffies are cool toys and such for your doll! If you have an old mobile with those stuffies on them, you can put them off and remove the ribbon that attached them to the mobile. Place them on your doll’s bed, or in a basket in their room.
- Preemie hats fit dolls pretty well, and newborn+ can usually be cut and sewn down to size!
- Burp cloths/wash cloths can be used as dolly towels, and if they’re too small, you can sew two of the same coloured cloths together to make a big towel that you can wrap around your doll.
I hope you can use and enjoy these tips! Have fun Doll Mama/Dada!
Hey y’all! I just made my dolls a cute dress from an old sweater I had! It is in the style of a pillowcase dress, but is obviously made from sweater and not pillowcase material!
Here’s how I made it:
Take one sweater and fold it in half down the middle, so the sleeves line up with each other. Do this so that the sweater is open. Cut off the sleeves and anything that prevents thew sweater from lying flat.
Cut out a large square. Fold that in half and cut down the folded line. With the fabric still lined up together, make two-inch (approx.) holes for the arms by taking a crescent shape out of both sides of the fabric.
Next, take one of the pieces of fabric and lie a pretty ribbon across the top. Sew onto it. Do the same with the other piece. Then, sew hems onto each of the fabric pieces.
Line them up again with the ribbon part facing in, and sew up the sides. Place on your doll and tie the sleeves up, then add a ribbon around the waist! 🙂
Let me know how yours turns out if you make one! 😀
Hey everyone! Yesterday I grabbed a pair of Valentine’s Day socks at the dollar store and made my doll Nicki some adorable socks, a bow, an a cute shirt with them! I also crafted a long high-waisted skirt to go with it, and I’m in love!
I’m going to recurl her hair again, as it didn;t turn out quite right in the front, but until then, this is it!